Thursday, May 20, 2010

Training Ride, May 22: Who’s In?

Happy Thursday to Team Transplant! Hope your week has been as enjoyable as mine.


We’re down to the wire, team! Let’s tighten up those helmet straps, fill the water bottles, and stretch out those quads. Time to put your pedal to the… well, you see where I’m going with this.

For the final stretch, we are having another great training ride this weekend departing from Wheat Ridge Cyclery at 9:15 AM! This will be a 28-mile roundtrip out to Golden and back, average pace at 14 miles/hour. The path will be along 32nd avenue, which is mostly bike paths, and will feature a quick refreshment break at a Starbucks. You should be done by 12:30.

There’s an additional opportunity to possibly extend the trip for those who are interested, so RSVP if you want to join us! As always, this is a no-drop ride and we look forward to seeing you all Saturday.

Keep up the great work, everybody. While I’m personally not proud of the fact that I’ve lost my position in the top 5 fundraisers on Team Transplant, I’m very pleased to see the amazing efforts of our fellow team mates! Let your friends and family know that we are weeks away from a really amazing event that will change lives and bring people together!

Keep fundraising! Keep sharing your story! A big, big shout out to my Aunt Lenny for her support—my Uncle George is here today because of his life-saving heart transplant!

Hope to see y’all before the ride!

16 days and counting…

Susan

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I won't be able to make it again! I will be at Thorntonfest promoting organ and tissue donation - so you had better believe I will definitely be promoting Team Transplant at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited that we're going to have warm weather...finally...for our training ride. So if you've been using the bad weather as your excuse, you're out of excuses. Come join the fun and it will also make the ride on June 6th that much more enjoyable. See you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete